Foley Heritage Park

Foley Municipal Court

Foley Municipal Court is a criminal misdemeanor court that handles misdemeanors and traffic offenses that occur within the Foley City Limits. The court is here to provide for a fair and impartial hearing for all citizens charged with a city ordinance violation or state offense.

Contact: Roni Criswell
251-952-4086 (phone)
251-952-4088 (fax)

Hours of Operation
The Foley Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Court is held on the first 3 Tuesdays and second Thursday of every month, unless there is a holiday.

Location / Mailing Address
200 E. Section Avenue, Foley, AL 36535

Brandy Springsteen, Municipal Court clerk/administrator
Roni Criswell, magistrate III
Cindy Jackson, magistrate II
Sandy Benefield, magistrate II
Kathy Robinson, magistrate II
Amber Dillon, magistrate II

Michael A. Dasinger, presiding judge

City Prosecutors
Warren Harbison, prosecutor
Michael Hoyt, assistant prosecutor

Fine Schedule
Affidavit of Substantial Hardship and Order
Plea of Guilty/Waiver of Rights
Instructions to Defendant
Where can I pay a fine?
To pay a traffic ticket online, begin by visiting the Instructions to Defendant.

Next, you can pay your fine at

Where is the magistrate’s office located?
We are located in the Foley Justice Center at 200 East Section Avenue, Foley, AL 36535.

What are your hours of operation?
The Foley Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Court is held on the first three Tuesdays and second Thursday of every month, unless there is a holiday. The court offices close at 11:00 a.m. on court days to prepare for court.

How do I reach the Baldwin County Satellite Court/District Court/Circuit Court/Sheriff’s Dept./License & Tag Dept./Probate Court/Marriage License?
NONE of these offices is located at the Foley Justice Center or in the Foley Municipal Court offices. Call 251-943-5061 to reach the Baldwin County Call Center. They can transfer you to your desired location.

Where is my violation indicated?
A traffic citation (ticket) has the violation(s) indicated on the front of the ticket by the police officer. Each violation(s) listed on the ticket has a numeric code description and has a specific fine and fee associated with it.

How do I find out my court date or the deadline to pay a citation?
At the bottom of the traffic citation (ticket), the police officer has written the action due date (first appearance date). By this date, you must take one of the following actions:

  • Plead guilty and pay the fines and fees.
  • Plead not guilty and request a trial date before a Traffic Court judge.

How do I plead guilty?
In certain cases (e.g., minor traffic citations, etc.) the court will allow you to enter a plea before a magistrate and pay your fines and court cost. Foley police officers distribute an information sheet with a list of the scheduled fines.

Full payment for all violation charges and late fees must be made.

Motorists can make payments:

  • Online at
  • By mail to 200 East Section Avenue, Foley, AL 36535
  • In person at the Foley Municipal Court, 200 E. Section Avenue, Foley, AL 36535

How do I plead not guilty/request a trial date?
To plead not guilty and request a trial date you must appear in court on your assigned court date.

If you plead not guilty, a court date will be set where the officer or complainant must appear and prove your guilt. Please! If you have any questions, the time to ask is when you are before the judge. No one else can help. Once you are adjudicated and fined, it is too late to change the judge’s ruling unless you appeal. If you are found guilty, you will have 14 days to appeal the court’s decision to Circuit Court. You may then demand a trial by jury or a trial before a Circuit Court judge. A clerk can listen and sympathize, but certainly cannot help you or change the judge’s decision.

I was notified that there is a warrant for my arrest. What do I need to do to take care of this?
In order to take care of an outstanding warrant, you must turn yourself in to the Foley Police Department. After the warrant has been processed, you will be given an opportunity to post a bond and you will be given a court date. You may contact the Foley Magistrate’s Office at 251-952-4086 to receive specific information pertaining to your case.

Can I reschedule my court appearance?
If your appearance date has not passed, you may contact Foley Municipal Court at 251-952-4086. If you have an attorney, your attorney can file a motion requesting a continuance on your case.

Can someone else come and pay a ticket for me?
No, the clerk must witness your signature on the Waiver of Rights on the back of the ticket.

What if I received a ticket for no proof of insurance?
If the vehicle had insurance coverage at the time of citation, please bring proof to Foley Municipal Court before your court date.

If the vehicle did not have insurance coverage at the time of citation, a court appearance is mandatory. Your court date is listed at the bottom of your citation.

How can I find out the exact amount of my fine?
The municipal judge establishes the amount of the fine in each individual case. Depending upon the charge, the judge can, in most instances, place a maximum fine of $500, plus court costs. There are, however, fines for some charges (e.g., DUI) that can be much higher than this.

After I go to court, will the judge give me additional time to pay my fines/court cost/restitution?
Payments of fines, court costs, and/or restitution is expected at the time you appear in court. However, you may ask the judge to make payments through our probation service.

What information do I need to obtain a warrant?
To have someone arrested: First call the police and make a police report. You must have as much information about the person as possible, such as name, address, date of birth or age, employer or phone number. A warrant cannot be obtained without a police report.

Why is my license suspended?
If you did not pay your ticket on time, the Alabama Department of Public Safety was notified and they suspended your license for nonpayment. In order to have your license reinstated, you must first pay the ticket. Then contact the Department of Public Safety at 334-242-4400 for more information concerning the reinstatement fee.

To whom and where do I send my reinstatement fee?
Alabama Department of Public Safety
Driver License Division Improvement Unit
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102-1471

How can I get a PFA (Protection From Abuse Order) or a Restraining Order on someone?
A PFA can only be filed with the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s Office located in the courthouse in Bay Minette, Alabama. There is no charge to file a PFA. New laws went into effect as of July 2010 regarding who a PFA can be filed against. You can contact the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s Office for more information at 251-937-0280. A Restraining Order is handled through attorneys only. You must contact your attorney for more information on Restraining Orders.

What is the process of obtaining a background check on me?
The City of Foley Municipal Court can perform local misdemeanor background checks on City of Foley cases ONLY. Please bring a photo ID to our office during non-court hours.

The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office can only perform background checks on individuals for criminal justice purposes. If you are in need of a background check for employment, housing rental, etc., you should call the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center at 866-740-4762 for further instruction.

To contact the Municipal Court, please submit your questions and/or comments below.