Street Department

The street department provides repairs and maintenance for public streets, right of ways, and ditches.  These services generally include mowing, tree trimming (for limbs not in the vicinity of power lines), replacing and repairing traffic and street signs, repairing potholes and washouts, and review of drainage issues.

You may contact the Public Works department to report any street related issues requiring review.

Contact: Bethany Ruoss
Public Works Administrative Assistant

Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 6 am – 2 pm

120 E. Orchid, Foley, AL 36535
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1750, Foley, AL 36536

251-943-8897 (phone)
251-970-2806 (fax)

My culvert/ditch is clogged and presents a flood risk to my community.  Who can help with this?

The street department maintains, mows, and cleans drainage ditches along the city’s right of way.  Contact the street department for a review of your situation if you feel an area is clogged and in danger of flooding.  Any pictures you would like to provide to help identify the complaint area may be sent via email to .

Who puts up traffic and street signs that are damaged or missing?

The street department will put up and repair existing street and stop signs within the City of Foley.  During business hours, please contact the street department directly at 251-943-8897 to report any problem signs.  For afterhours reporting of missing stop signs, you may contact Police Dispatch at 251-943-4431.

Who is responsible for tree limbs on right of way that are hanging into the street?

The street department will trim tree limbs on the public right of way as long as they are not in or near power lines.  Limbs interfering with power lines will need to be reported to your electric service provider.

Who installs culverts for a homeowner if they request it?

The homeowner contacts the Engineering department to request a driveway permit.  After receiving the required permit, the homeowner then contacts a contractor for installation according to the permit requirements.

What if I do not want the city to mow my right of way?

At the resident’s request, they will be allowed to maintain the right of way instead of the City.  Telling the person on the mower is not sufficient for this request; you must call in to the office to be placed on the official “No Mow” list.

Foley City Limits Map

Public Works Office will be CLOSED on:

  • Veterans Day
  • Thanksgiving holidays: Thursday & Friday
  • Christmas holidays: Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
  • New Year’s Day
  • Martin Luther King Day